Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Trying to get some spring back in my legs

I've been running again for several months now but am in a slow jogging rut.  My strides are short and I have no spring in my legs.  I'm thinking maybe some "fast" running might help.  So today I ran some intervals:  I drove over to Santee Lakes and jogged 2 miles to warm up.  Then I ran 4 x 1/4 mile on an asphalt road along one of the lakes:
I averaged 6:45 pace for the 4 quarter miles with 90 seconds rest (slow walking) between. They felt rough, choppy, and fast - very difficult toward the end of each.  Still - it sure is fun to be doing this stuff again - even badly.

1 comment:

terminoil said...

Hate to tell you this pal but 6:45 average per quarter mile is not anything to brag, er, blog about. Let us know when you get it under 6 minutes per 400 and we'll send out some recruiting scouts.

Fill Night