Saturday, September 28, 2013

Race report: Bonita Stampede 8k

I ran an 8K cross country race (Bonita Stampede) this morning in 47:27.  I had to walk several hills which should have been runnable - resulting in an average pace of 9:33/mile.  I was pretty much bringing up the rear with the usual crowd. And then, after running most of 5 miles, I got a free sample of some horrible protein drink. I think I'll take a short nap and start the day over.



Clear the course!  There's a runner still coming!

1 comment:

terminoil said...

Sensing I was missing something in this race report I looked up the definition of "stampede." All accounts referred to a sudden frenzied panicked rush of animals (usually livestock) bolting and taking flight in fear for their survival -- Must be some kind of way to weed out the old, weak and lame.

My advice to you is to convince the race directors to rename the event.