Saturday, August 31, 2013

Race report: 4-mile cross country race

This morning I ran the San Diego Track Club's 4 mile cross country race in Balboa Park.  I started out at about 8:30/mile pace and it felt quite comfortable - unfortunately it might have been slightly downhill.  The rest of the course was hillier (and hotter) than what I am used to, and I actually had to walk several times. My watch said 42:40 at the finish - 10:40/mile!  However my watch also measured it as 4.08 miles, which comes out to "only" 10:27/mile. Either way - it was slower than my usual training runs (the longest of which is only 4 miles) which take much less effort. Must have been the hills.  My current weight is 179 pounds - still way too heavy for anything faster than jogging.

1 comment:

terminoil said...

The extra .08 miles was due to all the people you had to weave around when passing.