Sunday, April 10, 2011

12 minute trail run at 10:13/mile, 185 pounds

Since my plans to hike the Grand Canyon changed a couple of weeks ago, I decided to trying running again. I'll probably run just 2-3 times per week and "not much" - per the vague instructions of the doctor who installed my new hip joint last summer.  So far, I've done a few six minute runs, a 10 minute run last Tuesday, and today I ran 12 minutes at 10:13 pace.  Yeah, that's right - 12 minutes, not 12 miles.  And let's not quibble about the difference between running and jogging.  It's harder than seven minute pace was when I was younger, so I'll call it running if I want to.  By the way, I'm currently at 185 pounds - still trying to fine-tune the burrito and pie diet.

1 comment:

Rick said...

If it feels like you've been running...you've been running!!